The Histology Core Facility provides standard and customized research specific histology services including tissue processing, fixed and frozen sectioning. The Facility also offers routine and special histological stains as well as immunohistochemistry and immunofluorescence. The Facility maintains and provides training for several pieces of common use equipment, such as paraffin microtome, cryostat, and cytospin. Training is also provided for basic histological techniques such as perfusion and tissue collection. Finished slides are returned to the researcher for evaluation, or they may be digitized using our latest addition, the Aperio Scanscope. The Aperio Scanscope allows not only digitizing of slides for archiving, it also offers powerful image analysis tools as well. A tissue acquisition service assists investigators with regulatory/legal compliance, as well as obtaining and storage of human tissue samples and associated clinical data.
- Routine and custom sectioning
- Paraffin and frozen samples
- Standard and special stain (H&E, PAS, silver impregnation)
- Aperio high-resolution slide scanning and optional image analysis for bright field and fluorescence samples
- Development of custom protocols (overlay assays, competition assays)
- Titration and staining of commercial and custom antibodies
- Double labeling of antibodies
- Aperio AT2
- Aperio FL fluorescence scanner system
- Leica CM 3050 cryostat
- Leica RM 2125 paraffin microtome
- Dako autostainer plus
- Shandon Cytospin 3
- Sakura Tissue Tek vacuum infiltration tissue processor
- Leica EG 1160 paraffin embedding station
- MMI Cell Cut Laser Microdissection system
For a Price List, please call (858)646-3100 ext. 3556 or email us.
Guillermina (Gia) Garcia
Gia has been with Histology core for the past 8 years. She is responsible for the handling and processing of research samples on a day to day basis. She can answer any questions that you may have about your project. Gia is also skilled in a wide range of immunohistochemistry protocols, as well as a variety of histological staining methods.
Please call (858)646-3100 ext. 3556 or use the button below to send us an email.