Date and time
12:00 PM - 2:00 PM PT
About the open house
Sanford Burnham Prebys regularly holds Open House events to offer prospective postdocs an opportunity to meet our scientists and learn more about the outstanding training opportunities at our Institute.
As an Open House participant, you will hear from Sanford Burnham Prebys’s scientific leaders about the cutting-edge research in their labs, as well as have an opportunity to meet 1:1 with potential postdoctoral training mentors. You will also hear from current postdocs about their training experiences and opportunities to get involved with the postdoc association or other leadership roles. Finally, the Office of Education, Training, & International Services will invite you to learn about the vast array of career and professional development seminars and workshops available to Sanford Burnham Prebys postdocs.
Directly from world-class mentors and trainees about exceptional professional development and mentoring programs available at Sanford Burnham Prebys.
- Cancer Targets and Drug Discovery Program Director Nicholas Cosford, Ph.D.
- Frontiers in Fundamental Translational Immunology Program Director Linda Bradley, Ph.D.
- Cancer Center Director Ze’ev Ronai, Ph.D.
- Associate Director, Education and Training, Maximiliano D'Angelo, Ph.D.
- Preceptors (mentors)
- Education/Training Directors
Why at Sanford Burnham Prebys?
- World-class collaborative research
- Ranks top 2% of 1803 research institutions worldwide based on ‘Citation Per Paper’ over last 10 years
- Ranks 6th among 820 pharma and toxicology organizations
- 40th year as a NCI-designated Cancer Center
- 10 Institute shared resource cores
- C3 member: alliance of threelocal NCI-designated Cancer Centers
Why consider a scientific career in San Diego?
- 3rd largest life science market in US
- 1300 biotech, pharma and life science companies
- $2b in venture capital for San Diego biotech early 2021
- $995m in NIH funding to San Diego research institutes and universities in 2020
- Home of top-rated Academic Research Institutions including Sanford Burnham Prebys, Salk, UC San Diego and Scripps
- Ze’ev Ronai, Ph.D.
Professor and Cancer Center Director
- Maximiliano D’Angelo, Ph.D.
Associate Professor and Associate Director, Cancer Center Education and Training
OFFICES AND COMMUNITY RESOURCES
Education, Training, & Professional Development
- Diane Klotz, Ph.D.
Director, Office of Education, Training, and International Services
- Nisha Cavanaugh, Ph.D.
Associate Director, Career Development & Postdoctoral Programs
DEI E&T Committee
- Fabiana Izidro Layng, M.D.
E&T DEI Committee Chair
- Craig Hauser, Ph.D.
Vice President for Scientific Resources
T32 PROGRAMS AND TRAINEE PRESENTATIONS
T32 Frontiers in Immunology
- Linda Bradley, Ph.D.
Professor and Program Director
- “SALM5, a New Neurological Player in the Lymphotoxin Network”
Jonathan Grist, Ph.D. (Ware lab)
- “"PSGL-1 Modulates T Cell Immunometabolism to Promote T Cell Exhaustion in Chronic Infection and Cancer”
Jennifer Hope, Ph.D. (Bradley lab)
T32 in Cancer Targets and Drug Discovery
- Nicholas Cosford, Ph.D.
Professor and Cancer Center Deputy Director
- "Macropinocytosis at the Nexus of Crosstalk in the Pancreatic Tumor Microenvironment"
Yijuan Zhang, Ph.D. (Commisso lab)
- "To Transpose, or Not To Transpose"
Corey Bretz, Ph.D. (Adams lab)