Date and time
About the symposium
The Rising Stars Symposium showcases the biomedical research of exceptional postdoctoral and junior faculty candidates from across the country. Candidate selections are based on academic achievements, research scholarship and general fit with Sanford Burnham Prebys laboratories.
Selected candidates will be invited to:
- Present research in an oral format
- Network with students, postdoctoral fellows and faculty
- Attend a reception to celebrate diversity and science
- Participate in a faculty or postdoctoral professional development session
- Tour laboratories and core facilities
- Meet with faculty to learn about available postdoctoral and faculty opportunities at our Institute
This event is hosted by our NCI-designated Cancer Center's Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Team and the Institute's DEI Recruiting Committee. We strive to create an inclusive workforce through hiring practices and recruitment and retention strategies that are equitable and result in increased representation.