The NMR facility at Sanford Burnham Prebys Medical Discovery Institute is a centralized shared resource that offers the capability for NMR studies on proteins, peptides, small molecules, and carbohydrates in solution or in solid state.
The Facility provides instrumentation and expertise for NMR data collection. It also provides consultation with investigators on the feasibility of NMR for structural studies of protein candidates, as well as the optimal method to obtain solution structures and binding information by multi-dimensional NMR techniques. It can also train users in basic spectrometer operations, trouble-shoot for instrumental and operational problems, and set up NMR experiments for users as requested.
- Maintaining the spectrometers for self-usage by experienced user, trouble shooting for problems
- Collecting and processing NMR data according to users specifications
- Training users for basic NMR experiments
- NMR600: 600 MHz Bruker Avance Spectrometer with 5 mm TCI cryoprobe, for high resolution structural studies of macromolecules
- NMR500: 500 MHz Bruker Avance Spectrometer with automatic sampler changer, several optional probes (5 mm TXI, z-gradient, 5 mm BBO z-gradient, 5 mm 19F-1H), for structural studies and NMR-based drug discovery
- Solid500: 500 MHz Bruker Avance solid-state NMR spectrometer, for high resolution structural studies of membranes proteins
- 400MHz JEOL JNM-ECS spectrometer, with a 5 mm proton/multi-frequency auto-tune and match-ready probe, and an auto sample changer
- nmrlinux: Linux computer for data processing and back-up
For a complete list of services, please call (858)646-1000 ext. 3630 or email us.
|Structural Biology/NMR Services||Internal
|Solution 600 MHz Spectrometer||hour||$5.90||$7.38||$7.97||$15.52|
|Solution 500 MHz Spectrometer||hour||$3.60||$4.50||$4.86||$9.47|
|Solid 500 MHz Spectrometer||hour||$3.60||$4.50||$4.86||$9.47|
|Staff Service or Training||hour||$35||$43.75||$47.25||$92.05|
|Standard 1H Spectrum||each||$11.41||$14.26||$15.40||$30.01|
|Standard 13C or 31P Spectrum||each||$15.21||$19.01||$20.53||$40|
Jinghua Yu, Ph.D.
Dr. Yu has been the Manager of NMR Facility and Crystallography Facility since May 2003. She received her Ph.D in physics/biophysics from Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA, and had Postdoc training at UCSF with Dr. Thomas James. She has a background in physics and biophysics, about 20 years experience in NMR spectroscopy and over 10 years in managing Crystallography Facility. She is responsible for the daily operations of the two facilities, including maintaining NMR spectrometers and X-ray diffraction equipment, scheduling NMR and X-ray instrument time, setting up NMR experiments for users, and troubleshooting hardware and software problems. She also provides consultation with investigators on the feasibility of NMR for structural studies of protein candidates, as well as the optimal methods to obtain solution structures and binding information by multi-dimensional NMR techniques. She has trained and helped many users in data acquisition, processing, and spectral analysis.
Please call (858)646-3100 ext. 3630 or use the button below to send us an email.