Happy Monday! Now take CELSIUS
Your CELSIUS quiz for the week is below. Are you a rocket scientist or an arm-chair biologist? Take the quiz and see!
The answers to last week's questions follow the quiz.
The Ebola virus is transmitted by:
- Respiratory exposure
- Body fluid
How long is the average human gene?
- 1,000 bp
- 4.2 kbp
- 28 kbp
- 300 kbp
Who won the Nobel Prize in chemistry for the invention of the PCR technique?
- Kary B. Mullis
- Rudolph A. Marcus
- Elias James Corey
- Frederick Sanger
How many genes are in mitochondrial DNA
The answers to last week's questions:
1. The periodic table was invented in 1869 by Dmitry Medeleyev--Russian Chemist
2. DNA replicates at 50 nucleotides per second http://www.dnareplication.info/speedofdnareplication.php
3. In English, Drosophila melanogaster translates to black-bellied dew lover http://www.geochembio.com/biology/organisms/fruitfly/
4. Helium has the highest boiling point http://www.lenntech.com/periodic-chart-elements/boiling-point.htm
5. Donkeys have 62 chromosomes http://arbl.cvmbs.colostate.edu/hbooks/genetics/medgen/chromo/species.html